Daily Mini – Easter Egg #4
Sun April 12 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 pm
Welcome to the Rabbit & Rocket Mini Pattern of the Day!
We’re posting a new pattern each morning so we all have something fun to look forward to.
We’re doing Easter eggs and this is Egg #4! You can follow the pattern stitched by our embroidery teacher Andrea Verley as shown above OR create your own pattern using the egg outline. (See directions below on how to transfer the outline to your fabric). Andrea used simple white quilting fabric for her background – you could also use linen if you like. Her eggs were about half the size of these so you may have more dots to add!
This image can be embroidered or cross stitched with any colors you like.
Adjust the size of the egg to your liking when printing it out. You’ll need to adjust the size up or down in the program you use to print out the design. A small egg could be placed into a super mini hoop necklace, a larger egg could be a multi-day project. Add the words ‘GOOD EGG’ and give as a gift! You can add flowers, a cross or clouds. Make into a pin cushion. Stitch with stabilizer attached to the back and and turn into a patch you can sew to a jacket or jeans! Or simply display in a small hoop or frame.Have FUN!
The image is about 2-inches wide by 3 inches tall – all of our daily minis are small so you *may* be able to complete in a day. We recommend using a piece of fabric at least 5-inches square in at least a 4-inch hoop. If you go bigger or smaller, no problem!
To copy the image onto fabric, simply do the following:
- Right-click on either image above you want to use as your reference to save it to your computer.
- Print out the image onto regular paper. The image will be centered in the middle of your 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Pin or tape the paper to the fabric you’ll be stitching on.
- Tape the combined paper and fabric to a light-filled window so you can see the pattern through the fabric. (Or use a lightbox if you have one!)
- Lightly trace the image onto your fabric – you can use a regular pencil or one made for marking fabric that will disappear with heat or water.
- Remove the paper, hoop your fabric and start stitching!
Share your completed minis with us on social media using the hashtag #rabbitandrocketmini. From time to time we’ll pick a completed mini someone has shared and drop the maker a gift from us for brightening everyone’s day!