Daily Mini – The Ohio Carnation
Wed April 1 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 pm
Welcome to the Rabbit & Rocket Mini Pattern of the Day!
Today’s Pattern: The Ohio Carnation
This image can be embroidered, thread painted or punch needle embroidered (with a single DMC thread and very small punch needle) with any colors you like.
You can choose to thread paint the petals using variations of your favorite color. Make a larger bouquet using multiples of the pattern on a larger piece of fabric. Finish as a pillow or a pin cushion (ouch!). Satin stitch with stabilizer attached to the back and and turn into a patch you can sew to a jacket or jeans! Or simply display in a very small hoop or frame. Have FUN!
The image is 3 inches square – all of our daily minis are no more than 3 inches so you *may* be able to complete in a day. We recommend using a piece of fabric at least 5-inches square in at least a 4-inch hoop. If you have to go bigger or smaller, no problem!
To copy the image onto fabric, simply do the following:
- Right-click on the image above to save it to your computer.
- Print out the image onto regular paper. The image will be small and centered in the middle of your 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Pin or tape the paper to the fabric you’ll be stitching on.
- Tape the combined paper and fabric to a light-filled window so you can see the pattern through the fabric. (Or use a lightbox if you have one!)
- Lightly trace the image onto your fabric – you can use a regular pencil or one made for marking fabric that will disappear with heat or water.
- Remove the paper, hoop your fabric and start stitching!
Share your completed minis with us on social media using the hashtag #rabbitandrocketmini. From time to time we’ll pick a completed mini someone has shared and drop the maker a gift from us for brightening everyone’s day!