Daily Mini – Rainbow Circles
Wed April 8 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 pm
Welcome to the Rabbit & Rocket Mini Pattern of the Day!
We’re posting a new pattern each morning so we all have something fun to look forward to.
This image can be embroidered, thread painted or punch needle embroidered (with one or two DMC embroidery floss threads and small punch needle) using any colors you like. It’s just a pattern – waiting for you to do something fun with it!
Turn the semi-circles into rainbows using different colors of thread. Use different stitches for each ‘rainbow.’ Make into a tiny pillow or pin cushion as a day brightener for someone who’s got a lot going on. Satin stitch the entire pattern with stabilizer attached to the back and and turn into a patch you can sew to a jacket or jeans! Or simply display in a small hoop or frame. Have FUN!
The image is 3 inches square – all of our daily minis are small so you *may* be able to complete in a day. We recommend using a piece of fabric at least 5-inches square in at least a 4-inch hoop. If you have to go bigger or smaller, no problem!
To copy the image onto fabric, simply do the following:
- Right-click on the image above to save it to your computer.
- Print out the image onto regular paper. The image will be small and centered in the middle of your 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Pin or tape the paper to the fabric you’ll be stitching on.
- Tape the combined paper and fabric to a light-filled window so you can see the pattern through the fabric. (Or use a lightbox if you have one!)
- Lightly trace the image onto your fabric – you can use a regular pencil or one made for marking fabric that will disappear with heat or water.
- Remove the paper, hoop your fabric and start stitching!
Share your completed minis with us on social media using the hashtag #rabbitandrocketmini. From time to time we’ll pick a completed mini someone has shared and drop the maker a gift from us for brightening everyone’s day!